Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Weeks Worth of Rambling

As soon as I fully committed to continue posting here regularly I lost all motivation. Such is the life. I should never commit to anything, and then I would never lose my motivation, and I would keep on making and doing. Well, also the lack of activities = lack of pictures, or much to talk about. It has been a slow week. I did go for a really great bike ride, the first one of the season really. I put Hazel in the bike trailer, and we rode all the way from home to Kens Kash. I wanted to see how the ride was, since i hope to be riding to work on occasion. Considering it is almost entirely downhill, it was a piece of cake. We were in  hurry to get somewhere afterwards, so my mom picked us up, and I voided the long haul back up the canyon. I really wasn't sore the next day, which is a huge sign that I need to commit (not that word again) to riding back home, and not having Mike pick me up after work. perhaps he can meet me at kens on his bike with Hazel in the trailer, and we can ride home together. Somehow I feel that if I were to do it alone, I would do better though. When there is someone to complain to I complain. When their isn't I feel empowered, like "Hell yeah, I'm doing this, I don't need anyone's help!" It's funny trying to understand myself and my habits.

This week my mom and Mike moved my washer and dryer from it's inconvenient location upstairs, to the basement where our bedroom, and our large closet are located. The closet is really a small room, so the appliances fit well. Hopefully this will mean less work. Less piles of dirty accruing near the ladder, needing to be taken upstairs, and less clean accruing on the couch, needing to be taken down. Only if I keep up on it which I am not committing to, because as I stated earlier, I should probably never commit.

Last but not least I set up a website for Kens Kash. I thought some online marketing couldn't hurt, and was alarmed by the fact that the business was hardly showing up on google searches. It's nothing special, and still needs a lot of work. I basically threw it together in a few hours. Now I'm trying to get his multiple facebook pages pared down to one, and get his twitter feed going so he can advertise specials and sales. Hopefully it will bring in some of the locals that wouldn't normally stop in. I know I would stop by on the way home for a good deal now and then. I also want to make his business very search engine friendly so he is easy to find when someones looking on their phones for a quick place to stop. Larry (the owner) seemed pretty stoked about it all. I mean I really don't know what I'm doing, and he could probably pay someone to do a better job than me, but he isn't going t,o so something is better than nothing I suppose. I plan on taking some better photos of the store to use on the website, and adding more content. Here it is, go take a look Kens Kash. I start there cashiering next week, and I am really excited. In the past I might have been pretty negative towards a job cashiering in a small store, but it I have been a brat in the past about jobs I would and wouldn't apply for. This job is exactly what I was looking for. It is the closest job to our house I could have possibly gotten, meaning I can ride my bike and the scooter, and the hours are perfect. Weekends, and evenings. Mike can be with Hazel 100% of the time I am gone, and I am going to be honest and say that I really need the time away from her. I have been with her practically 24/7 for her entire first year of life, and it is time for me to have a little bit of adult-interaction sans Hazel. It will be adjustment for both of us, and I think Mike will understand just a little bit better what my day-to-day is like at home. Hopefully he will be able to accomplish more at the house than I do. I also think that It will help me meet and get to know people in the community and that is something I am desperate for. I have been fostering some really great relationships lately, but I can never have too many friends, and I feel like I could use a few more up in my neck of the woods.

Well, here is a photo-less post. I'll try to dust the camera off, and use it a bit this week.

No comments: