Friday, November 12, 2010

Parents

I hope I don't turn out to be ANY of the mom's at the craft store today. You would have thought they never even wanted kids with the way they treated them.

Kids take patience. I know. I even have a hard time with the boys that I nanny sometimes, and I'm never with them for more than like 5 or 6 hours. Today, every time I turned around they were into something they shouldn't have been. Drawing on the fridge with markers, and losing EVERY cap, putting all of the cards for candyland in a bucket of water, almost pushing each other down stairs. I didn't lose my temper or raise my voice. They are kids. What do you expect? They don't know that water ruins paper. They don't think about the fact that the stairs are right behind the brother they are pushing. They don't know which markers are permanent.

If you can't handle them getting into things at the craft store, or asking you to buy them something, don't take them, because I don't want to listen to you talking to your children like they are the worst thing that has ever happened to you.

No comments: