Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happenings....

Leave it to me to do some really fun projects, and completely neglect to photograph them. Here is what I have been up to. My mom spied this beauty while I was scrolling through my Pinterest board for projects to do that I could pretend were completely original ideas of mine. I'm pretty sure had she not seen it it would have been one of the many projects that sat undone. Thankfully she jumped right in, found some old canvas we had lying around, and gathered the supplies and now Hazel has her very own swing hanging in our entry, and it even has springs that can be attached to make it a jumpy swing. She loves it.
Source
 A friend of mine and I have a craft night every Thursday, except it never actually happens on Thursday. plans have changed all three times and we have ended up doing it on a Friday the first week, not at all the second week, and Saturday the third week. Oh well, at least we are doing it. Today we created this lovely little knitting needle case. Tutorial via Design Sponge. I changed it up a little with olive green bias tape for the trim, and I used a decorative stitch for the edges instead of a straight stitch, just for fun. I gifted it to my Mom who has turned into a professional knitter practically overnight.
Source


Gathering supplies to build this fun little playscape for some kids I know. It costs hardly anything, and it was fun to gather the supplies today. I literally walked down my driveway, and pointed out an aspen that mike could cut down, and gathered the rest of the wood from the woodpile. Easy Peasy.

Source

No comments: