Sunday, December 11, 2011

2011

Mike and I have been talking about some Goals and ideas for the new year that is rapidly approaching. It got me thinking about this last year, and what I have accomplished. I could only think of one thing. I'm sure you can guess what it is.


I had a baby.

But there must be more than that. I kept thinking. What did I do? An entire year, and the only thing that comes to mind is that one, albeit astronomical event. I logged onto my computer, located my pictures file, and began sorting through photos beginning in January. Mike opening birthday gifts, all of which were for this future baby girl. Me, with a barely-showing pregnant potbelly. February. Mike painting the bedroom the second shade of blue that I chose. Working on baby's little nook. March. Snowshoeing at the cabin. A day with mike at his job, driving the snow-cat. all documented with ridiculous pictures of my tummy. April. A pretty bulbous belly now, a painted room, with wall hangings hung, bed sheets sewn, and a momma-made flower mobile suspended over a little papa-made crib. Perfect. Ready. May. A baby. Lots and lots of pictures of a baby! June-baby, July-baby...... Of course there are pictures of us at concerts, our weekend in Colorado, Holidays, and so forth, but what is any of that in comparison to the mind-blowing, heart wrenching experience of having a child, when you had never had one before? So I suppose when I look back at the year 2011, the most profound and life-changing year in my short lifetime, all I will be able to say about it is one thing. I became a mother. My child was born.

No comments: