Friday, December 31, 2010

christmas, new years, and birthdays

Christmas time was semi-anticlimactic around here. Not that i didn't enjoy it, or appreciate all of the wonderful gifts. I did, I loved every bit of it. It's just that we've both been working so much. Remember the sweater that my mom was making our stockings out of? They turned out great!

We didn't have a huge pile of presents, but I think The set up looked pretty great.

And my gift to myself: This pretty wallet!
Im notorious for taking my cash/cards/IDs out of my wallet, because it doesn't fit in my pocket, and then I forget to put them back, and leave them in pants and coats, and go days without them. I decided it was high time for a smaller wallet. I found this one at Mary Jane's in Park City. LOVE THAT STORE!

Winter around here is so picturesque:


Mike had a little mishap with the snowmobile. I actually think it was partly my fault. I hit my leg really hard on the Throttle, and the next day when mike went to turn the sled around It just took off. The throttle stuck, he tumbled off of the back (he was fine) and it hit this tree.




I've been hiking in and out every day lately. Mike takes the sled in the morning, and I walk out. It's been dumping here, so I took the opportunity to take out the new snowshoes.


Mike's Birthday is Jan 3rd. I got him a really rad flask from Urban outfitters. He's got an old Stanley thermos, and the other day I was browsing through Urbanoutfitters.com, and came across the same brand of thermos. It's classic, I love the nostalgic Items you come across from that store!









I've been stressing over what else to get him. I gave him clothes and stuff for Christmas, which I'm sure he loved, but he works pretty much every day, and doesn't really get a chance to wear much besides work clothes, so I decided not to waste more money on that.
He kept telling me to get baby stuff, so I gave in. Cna't argue with baby shopping, and it kind of feels like my birthday too. Megan and I spent the day at the outlets, and then I came home and wrapped it. I should wait to let him open them until his birthday, but im so impatient, I'll probably make him open them tonight.

And look at that tummy!
That kid has been kicking around like crazy
and I love it.

2 comments:

megan said...

cutest post ever.
can't wait for the little babe.
we will be pals.

brooke said...

look at your belly!
that is so exciting!
your house looks so adorable, maybe you should invite me up sometime so i can come see it. i'm glad you had a happy christmas...
and HAPPY BIRHTDAY to mike in two days! :)