Sunday, August 12, 2012

This girls is gettin BIG. Can't believe it, time is flying by. We are workin hard around here. Planting little flowers, laying flagstone patios. The yard is looking pretty. I'll have to take a picture. Making big plans for inside. changing stuff up, need to add some more hazel-space to this funny little cabin. Small spaces for her things. A little work-table, some low shelves, an easel, and some shiny new things to help her learn. I have been studying up on Montessori and I am thinking I'll get my training done. It will be expensive, but then I can get a jobby-job at a Montessori school and Hazel can attend for free (it is SOOO expensive). And if I decide to home-school her using the method I will have the training. It is just such an amazing method. People often say "I went to public school and I turned out alright". Well, I didn't. Montessori is the answer. It's lovely, and it should be the way all children are taught. Especially that math sequence. I have come to understand more about mathematics in the last few weeks of studying Montessori math (for 3-6 year olds) than I ever understood before...and it is fun! Math the Montessori way is fun. So tactile. If you are curios, look it up on Youtube. Maybe after Montessori training I will think about another babe, but for now it's just the three of us. We're off to Maryland in a few weeks. I'm dreading the flight. Hazel can't be reasoned with. This stubborn, demanding girl. I'm sure everyone on that flight will love us by the end of it. I can't sleep because of a scurrying mouse in my ceiling. I'm sure as soon as I doze it will attack me. Cabin living......

No comments: