Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do You Know Etsy?

Etsy, a website to buy and sell Handmade and Vintage goods. It's been called the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace, as well as the Handcrafters Amazon.
What I love about it is knowing that I am buying something from someone, not a factory. It's nice to have a unique piece of jewelery, or art print that you know someone put some real time and creative effort into. I treasure those items more than I would something from a store.
I also love the antiques that you can find on here. Ive run accross many things that remind me of my childhood, like the same dinosaur sheets my mom made a quilt from for my brothers, and the old school playskool barn and zoo toys, or Dick and Jane books, which I learned to read from.
I love antiques, and I think buying old things is sometimes better than new.
Here are some of my favorite Etsy finds




 And this print, from the same shop










No comments: